SEDC is currently providing support to our school districts in an innovative use of technology.
The schools in various districts are working together to provide concurrent enrollment classes to students in the rural schools.
This space is designed to support the teachers using IVC, eReach and Canvas in their efforts to provide a enhanced learning experience to students in rural areas.
District Canvas Portals:
Protocol for Course Setup:
1. SEDC will create and manage sub-domains for each participating districts and a domain for the charter schools.
2. Districts and Charter Schools will set up the course on Canvas in their own domain when the course is not shared across multiple districts/charters. These courses will be created and will have a district teacher assigned to the course by a district/charter administrator (this should be the technology director or designee). After a course is set up, the assigned teacher will upload the course content, assign students (until SIS integration), manage the course, etc..
3. An SEDC assigned technology person will setup courses on Canvas and assign the district teacher to the course when it is taught across multiple districts. After a course is set up, the assigned teacher will upload the course content, assign students (until SIS integration), manage the course, etc..
4. When requesting a course on a district or regional basis, the requesting teacher will need to provide to the district Canvas administrator the following:
• Course title (must start with the district initials-GSD)
• Schools involved
• Course code
• Timeline for course
• Students taking course
Please follow the following example when creating a course title:
• The long title would be something like, "GSD-Professional Writing"
• The short title would be something like "ENGL 2020"
• If there is a possibility of multiple instructors delivering the same course with the same title, add the instructor initials to the long title as well. For example, "GSD- Professional Writing -VR".
5. Support question/issues need to go to the district assigned technology person first, SEDC assigned technology person second, UEN help desk third.
Please contact your Canvas Specialist below for help or more information:
Additional help can be found here: