There is $1.5 million in funding allocated to support teachers to participate in a newly developed STEM endorsement program, through the Utah State Office of Education. Awards have been made to Institutes of Higher Education (IHEs) and districts across the state who responded to a request for proposals to develop STEM endorsement programs at their institutions to be offered to teachers. Each award was $100,000 per year for 2 years to serve 25-35 teachers in cohort 1.
Read more about the Elementary STEM Endorsement.
Teachers, Earn an Elementary STEM Endorsement
- Governor's STEM Council and Utah State Office of Education
- STEM Endorsement Partnership Grant:
- Southwest Educational Development Center (SEDC)
- SUU Colleges of Science & Education
Southern Utah University
College of Education – ROOM 206
IVC to Outlying SEDC School District Offices
- Six STEM Integrated Courses – Starting August 2015, one course each semester through Spring 2017
- Summer courses will be one week long. Other courses will be a weekday afternoon and evening.
- Courses taught by pedagogy specialists & content specialists; math, science, engineering, life science, physical science.
- Upper division credit through SUU Continuing Education
- Limit: 40 teachers
*$500 Stipend for Teachers completing the Endorsement
Registration is Closed
For More Information Contact:
Peggy Wittwer – SUU
Cory Stokes - SEDC